Ha Ha Tonka
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ha Ha Tonka

Foot Stompin' Indie Rock

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ha Ha Tonka

Go down 
+14
audimc
mollieantoinette
Breena
sarahbeth
Jessica
coldwarkid
B
E
Lefisch
BiteMeWaffle
Rafelicious
amandapanda
boniero
Admin
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
boniero
Amsterfan
boniero

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2006-10-12

Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 3:08 pm

Well - if you want to get completely technical - Brett and I were not in the band when "Amsterband" was formed... and yes, we've made fun of Amsterband since the beginning. Where do you think the puns came from? haha.

But alas.. you're right. We do want people's opinions, hoping we can help you ease into this change. Obviously not everybody is willing to just accept it - and there's nothing we can do about that. We simply want people to have a bit of insight as to where we were coming from, etc. From there, it's all up to you if you love it or hate it. If you choose to love the music, hate the name, and let everybody know that - I just hope you'll understand that's probably not the best promotional tool you can use. Although we can't stop anyone from doing that. So... yeah! Just be who you are, and know that we really appreciate all of you that are willing to take this for what it is... a business decision.

Might I say - I've enjoying watching this topic more than any other. cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.amsterband.com
E
Amsterfan
E

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 3:58 pm

Haha I don't know Lennon, I think the subject of Brett's pregnancy was a keeper.

Buuut aaaanyway, the name is starting to grow on me a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lefisch
Amsterfan

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 5:19 pm

So, I'm a blunt person..that's who I am and it won't change, but it's my way of showing I care when I think poor decisions are being made...

"There are a few reasons for us changing the name... none of which have
anything to do with our style, members, label signing, etc."

But yet...so far I've heard we don't want to be labeled a hippy jam band (style) especially for a national release (label)...and some members weren't in Amsterband from the start and made fun of the name (members).

"The more we battled the more we realized that whatever name we picked we were pretty much going to have to grow into it rather than just instantly "be" that name."

But yet you didn't let your fans (or even the Amsterbandwagon) know you were even considering a name change and just sprung it on everyone...

I think that's the issue that bothers me most...I don't think a name change is a bad idea. In fact it's something that a band can really benefit from (ex: Thulium to Anything But Joey). And if back when you revamped the Amsterbandwagon that's when you decided to change the name...I'd understand it. At that point...something wasn't working for you guys, so a change needed to be made. I still wouldn't have liked the name...but I'd get why you did it and just leave it at that..but you've had people working really hard to get the name Amsterband out there...Amsterband got signed....Amsterband was working. Band business is band business, but one of the most important parts of the business is the fans...so basically now is your time to help me understand why you felt the need to name your band after some random park with a lame name that happens to be in the area of Missouri where the majority of you guys grew up and where the majority of you don't live anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lefisch
Rafelicious
The AmsterMAN (or woman)
Rafelicious

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 7:55 pm

I was going to get mad about the comment CWK made about me, but I think Lennon and Audi said enough. Thanks for sticking up for me.

I've already stated my opninons and nothing has change. I think there had been some good statement though. I never that about the google searching and finding a bunch of state park stuff when amsterband was such a unique name that nothing else came up but Amsterband stuff.

I think that may hurt you guys some in the future.

I'm tired of all the arguing though, especial if nothing can be changed now...so I'm ready to start spreading the news about Ha Ha Tonka and I'm even more excited about seeing you guys play with the new name because it's hard to get used to this change without hearing you guys play with that name. So when's the next Springfield show? Oh and has there been a write up in The Newsleader or anything about the change?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Prafeston
amandapanda
Amsterookie
amandapanda

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:27 pm

Haha, at least this got the message board buzzing a bit!

But I think its time for us all to move on and buy us some Ha Ha Tonka merch.
Back to top Go down
sarahbeth
Amsterookie
sarahbeth

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:37 pm

i tried to use the quote button but i can't quite figure it out. oh well.

please do NOT rename yourselves sanjaya. and if, god forbid you do, no pony-hawks.

that's all i've got.
Back to top Go down
amandapanda
Amsterookie
amandapanda

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:56 pm

Oh come on, you cant deny that they'd all lood good in some pony hawks.

Haha.

Tonka.
Back to top Go down
boniero
Amsterfan
boniero

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:56 pm

Smile That could have been the first pun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.amsterband.com
audimc
Amsterfan
audimc

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-11-04

PostSubject: great idea!   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 9:30 am

Yea, you all need to get ready to buy you some Ha Ha Tonka merch!! This stuff is going to be amazing!! They hit the press on Friday, so be ready!!
Back to top Go down
amandapanda
Amsterookie
amandapanda

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 10:01 am

So what is the street team name going to be now? I always like the amsterband wagon.
Back to top Go down
audimc
Amsterfan
audimc

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 10:04 am

Oh Don't Worry!! We are throwing some names out there now trying to come up with something that rivals that Amsterbandwagon...
Back to top Go down
Rafelicious
The AmsterMAN (or woman)
Rafelicious

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 10:39 am

Well "Tonka" is a kids play truck. We could just be Tonkawagon...
Back to top Go down
Lefisch
Amsterfan

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 11:31 am

or the Tonkatruckers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lefisch
Rafelicious
The AmsterMAN (or woman)
Rafelicious

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 11:40 am

ooooo....I likes!
Back to top Go down
B
Amsterfan
B

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:05 pm

tonkatruckers....i dig.

rafe...in answer to your earlier Q - Mike Brothers at the News-Leader posted a blog w/our announcement newsletter at

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070514/BLOGS02/70514010
Back to top Go down
martielou
Amsterookie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: street team   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 8:36 pm

Tonkateers? Ha Ha.... Smile
btw, tonka once made a line of toys called "The Rock Lords",
the promo line was "powerful living rocks!" fitting in so many ways....

and, um, yes, I remember toys from the 80s...
Back to top Go down
audimc
Amsterfan
audimc

PostSubject: hmmmm....   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 9:26 am

I kinda like tonkateers martielou!! Amy Lynne and I like the tonka trail, because it relates to the park, and we can say cheesy things like "it's just a walk in the park" Laughing

I did come up with a ha ha tonka pun yesterday.....ready for it......

IT'S HA HA TABULOUS!!! I know I know, total cheese, but you gotta love me for it!

Oh and Martie, I will join your supprt group...
HI MY NAME IS AUDI MC AND I TOO REMEMBER TOYS FROM THE 80'S.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Amsterookie
Jack

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-11-24

PostSubject: Tonka - built for boyhood!   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 11:36 am

http://images.hasbro.com/tonka/TonkaAnthem.mp3

Oh, yeah. This is the stuff.

I think I'll be a little late to the WP show. Dang...no poster. : (
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/thebrightbluebeltbuckles
audimc
Amsterfan
audimc

PostSubject: Jack!!!   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 12:58 pm

That is awesome!! I love my tonka truck!!
Back to top Go down
Dooser
Amsterookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 5:24 pm

I don't think you could have had a better band name than "Amsterband."

Major bah to the name change. Totally not cool at all. If you guys weren't so good, I'd stop listening just because of the name change.

I guess if I have ever have a band, I'll be able to name is Amsterband.

Change it back!
Back to top Go down
amandapanda
Amsterookie
amandapanda

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 2:10 pm

So I was playing around with the Tonka name today, and I'll be the first to admit it is growing on me.

Smile
Back to top Go down
AmyLynne
Amsterookie
AmyLynne

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 3:34 pm

This makes me really Smile to hear that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/AmyLynneCoibion
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ha Ha Tonka   Ha Ha Tonka - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ha Ha Tonka
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2