Ha Ha Tonka
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ha Ha Tonka

Foot Stompin' Indie Rock

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

clip: Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
erikaherzog
Amsterookie
erikaherzog

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-11

clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Empty
PostSubject: clip: Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records   clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:29 am

from: http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/BLOGS02/70309027

Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records

Local rock band Amsterband has just been signed to Bloodshot Records, a large indie label based in Chicago. The ink is barely even dry on the deal at this point, but I got the call from lead singer Brian Roberts late this afternoon and I’ve confirmed it with Nan Warshaw, co-owner of label.

This is great news for Amsterband, as Bloodshot is one of the larger independent labels in the nation. It’s current roster includes artists such as Neko Case, the Old 97s, Alejandro Escovedo, Split Lip Rayfield and many others. Hit the link to find out more.

Plans are to re-release the group’s self-produced album “Buckle in the Bible Belt” in stores nationwide later this year. The contract calls for the band to make another couple of albums for Bloodshot. The connection is already paying off for Amsterband, as it is on the way to Austin, Texas, right now to play the Bloodshot party at South by Southwest with 11 other labelmate bands. Also, the band has a local show booked for March 30 at Randy Bacon’s studio.

I’ll have more on this at a later date, but right now I’m getting ready to light out on vacation for a week. For now I’ll just say: congrats to Amsterband; chalk up a little more recognition and validation for the Ozarks music scene.
Back to top Go down
BiteMeWaffle
Amsterfan
BiteMeWaffle

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-10-13

PostSubject: Re: clip: Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records   clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 11:11 am

THIS IS INSANE! Congratulations boys! You all deserve this soooo much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bitemewaffle
E
Amsterfan
E

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: clip: Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records   clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 8:04 pm

I'm so proud of you guys!!!

Keep it up!

I'm excited to see what 2007 has in store for everyone!!
Back to top Go down
Rafelicious
The AmsterMAN (or woman)
Rafelicious

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: yeah yeah yeah   clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 11:18 pm

My guess is that minds around the U.S. and maybe the world are going to be changed for ever because of this monumentus occation. You all just wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Prafeston
dbweinhaus
Amsterookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-03-13

PostSubject: Re: clip: Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records   clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 5:12 pm

great job, amsterfolks! holla next time you come through st. louis.
Back to top Go down
BiteMeWaffle
Amsterfan
BiteMeWaffle

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-10-13

PostSubject: Re: clip: Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records   clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 6:09 pm

We were driving behind a car with a bloodshot records sticker on the back of their car! I got really excited and explained it to my mom! She thought the guy must be really cool to have the bumper sticker of the label that just signed Amsterband! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bitemewaffle
Rafelicious
The AmsterMAN (or woman)
Rafelicious

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: yeah yeah yeah   clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 10:05 am

That's pretty crazy that you just saw a Bloodshot Records bumper sticker just like a week after they were signed...and I love how your mom is in love with Amsterband too. Tell her to get on the forum...haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Prafeston
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clip: Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records   clip:  Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

clip: Amsterband inks deal with Bloodshot Records
Page 1 of 1